Affectionately known as Jacaranda City(due to the numerous Jacaranda trees in the city), Pretoria is one of the leading cities in Africa. Established in 1885, the city has a rich Voortrekker heritage as well as local Sepedi and Ndebele history. What started out as a small town in the 1800s has grown into one of Africa' s renowned cities.
The city of Pretoria is well-known for its architecture, cultural diversity, sporting venues as well as its wildlife and nature. Sgegede Guest House is located on the fringes of Pretoria Central Business District and in close proximity to some of the world acclaimed tourist attractions. We are a few minutes away from Wonder-boom Airport. Here are some of the city's attractions located close to our establishment.
- Union buildings, the executive Capital of South Africa- 16 minutes away from us.
- Voortrekker Monument, a site celebrating Afrikaner history and culture- 18 minutes away
- Loftus Versfeld Stadium, Pretoria main sports hub -19 minutes away from us
- National Zoological Gardens, one of the largest and well-known zoos in South Africa- 15 minutes away from us
- Zwartkop Country Club- The 18 hole golf course is one of he best golfing destinations in the country- only 21 minutes away from us.
- Close to University of Pretoria and University of South Africa
- Nearby Casinos: Carousel & Morula Sun, Bingo
- Nearby malls: Wonderpark mall 5km, Wonderboom Junction mall 3km, Kolonade mall 8km, North park mall 4km
- Hartebeespoort dam 47km
*the times quoted only apply for quiet traffic times.